Friday, April 27, 2007

Thursday Dinner: Pork with red currant sauce



Tonight, I did another one of the recipes from Cooking Light magazine.

Pork was rubbed with coriander and salt then seared. For the sauce, chopped shallots, thyme, and minced garlic were sauteed in the same pan. Then cider vinegar, beef broth, and red currant jelly with black peppers were added. To thicken the sauce, corn starch was used.

Pork was OK. The sauce had an interesting taste with the vinegar, but it probably would have been much better with better quality red currant jam.

On the side, I made delicious marinaded vegetables. I burned the skin of a red pepper on the stove, put it in a closed container to steam it little bit, then peeled and sliced the red pepper. I grilled fun-shaped zucchinis (yellow, light green, and dark green) and roasted them in the oven to finish off. While the vegetables were still hot, I put freshly-squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.



Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Nacchans said...

Thanks! I appreciate your comment:)