Sunday, March 11, 2007

Vegetable garden

One of my dreams is to have a large garden where I can grow vegetables and herbs for cooking. Since I live in an apartment, my only choice at this point is to grow something in containers. I've tried to grow vegetables in containers before when I was in St. Louis, but squirrels destroyed them all... Hopefully, squirrels in Bay area are not as malicious...

I planted arugula and lettuce, so when I harvest, I'll be able to eat fresh salad. I'm also planning to plant herbs because when I buy herbs they come in a big package and I can never finish them all.

I used regular potting soil and added plant food, but I have a feeling that the containers are too small. I'll probably have to buy bigger onces once they grow more.


Technorati Tags:

No comments: