Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday Dinner: Portabella mushroom and sun-dried tomato pizza

Tonight, I made a super easy dinner with premade pizza dough. I got the "almost whole wheat" dough at Trader Joe's, but I'm sure you can find pizza dough at a regular grocery store too.

Portabella mushroom and sun-dried tomato pizza (size of a cookie sheet):
Pizza dough (1 package) - It makes a big pizza that is the size of a cookie sheet. If you want, you can just use half and freeze the other half.
Portabella mushroom (1) - I got three but ended up using only one. I froze the other two for some other week.
Sun-dried tomatoes (about 1/4 of a jar)
Red onion (less than 1/2)
Anchovies (1/2 of can)
Shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 of a bag)
Fresh basil leaves (10 leaves or so)
Salt (1/2 tsp or less)
Pepper

Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
1. Spread out the dough all over a cookie sheet. I put a silicone sheet over it. You can try aluminum foil (greased) or greasing the cookie sheet.
2. Slice the red onion as thinly as you can and spread the pieces all over the dough.
3. Slice portabella mushroom and spread the pieces all over the dough.
4. Take pieces of sun-dried tomatoes out from the jar and spread them all over the dough (cut them up if the pieces are too large).
5. Take pieces of anchovies and break them into halves with your fingers as you spread them all over the dough.
6. Spread shredded mozzarella cheese all over the dough. You can try other types of cheese as well.
7. Put washed basil leaves all over the dough. If leaves are too big, just cut them in half.
8. Sprinkle salt all over the dough. Anchovies are salty, so you don't need a lot of salt.
9. Sprinkle pepper all over the dough and put the dough in the oven.
10. Bake for 20-25 min.

So, you notice that there is no picture today? Well... I screwed up and burned my pizza. I put it in the oven for too long, like 35 min. It was still OK, but cheese was dark brown, so I didn't take a picture. I will try this recipe again, but for now, please check the oven after 20 min. or so and make sure it's not in there for too long. If you feel like cheese is browning but other ingredients are not being cooked, try putting a foil over the pizza. That might help. Taste was good, though, so I'll definitely try this recipe again...


Technorati Tags:

No comments: