Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday Dinner: Salmon quesadilla and fresh salsa



Tonight, I made a Mexican dinner. I'm no expert in Mexican food, so this may be as far as I can go with cooking Mexican food, but who knows, maybe I will try something more elaborate next time!

Salmon quesadilla (for 2 people):
Tortilla (4) - I used whole wheat tortillas
Cheese (1 cup shredded) - I used Spanish cheese called, Mahon cheese, because I couldn't find any "Mexican" cheese at the store...
Salmon (6 oz) - I used canned pink salmon (skinless, boneless)
Black beens (1/2 cup cooked)
Salt
Vegetable oil

1. Cook black beans if using dried ones. Shred cheese if not already shredded. Drain and flake salmon.
2. Put shredded cheese, flaked salmon, cooked black beans on a tortilla. Sprinkle salt over it. Put another tortilla on it.
3. Put vegetable oil in a pan. Use paper towel to wipe off excess oil. Heat the pan at medium high heat.
4. Once it gets hot, grill quesadilla so both sides are nice and brown. I think it helps to press it down a little bit with your spatula.

Fresh salsa (about 1-1/2 cup):
Red onion (1/2 cup)
Fresh cilantro (1/4 cup)
Jalepeno pepper (1 medium)
Tomato (2 medium)
Lime juice (1 tsp)
Salt (1/2 tsp)

1. Cut red onion and tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Seed jalepeno and cut it into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a food processor, process red onion, jalepeno, and fresh cilantro for about 5 seconds until finely chopped. Scrape the bowl.
3. Put tomatoes, salt, and lime juice into the bowl. Pulse about 5-7 times until tomatoes are coarsely chopped.

Corona with lime is optional but... why not?


Technorati Tags:

No comments: